NHSC eNews #65: Workshop videos, version 12.1 data now available
In this issue
- "Hitchhiker's Guide" workshop videos online
- Version 12.1 data products available in the Herschel Science Archive
- NHSC at the Seattle AAS meeting
- Conferences and workshops of interest to Herschel users
Videos from our "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Herschel Science Archive" workshop are now posted on the agenda page. This workshop emphasized commonalities in spectroscopy visualization and analysis tools, and the demos may be particularly interesting:
- Visualizing in Spectrum Explorer, 14m28s
- Visualizing in Cube Toolbox, 23m10s
- Fitting Lines with Spectrum Fitter, 8m30s
- PACS Fitting Examples, 11m40s
- SPIRE Fitting Examples, 20m58s
- HIFI Fitting Examples, 17m11s
- PACS and CARMA CO Cubes in ds9, 19m03s
These are only a small subset of the videos, presentations, exercises and sample data available, for photometry as well as spectroscopy.
The bulk reprocessing of the archive with Standard Product Generation 12.1 is complete. The highlights of the new version include much-improved PACS photometry images for extended emission, produced with both the JScanam and MADMap mapmakers. You can access these data using HIPE, the HSA User Interface, or IRSA.
Additionally, new servers have been deployed to improve the querying and retrieval of archive data.
Some members of the NHSC will be present at the IPAC booth during the American Astronomical Society meeting, January 4-8 in Seattle. Please feel free to drop by to discuss any aspect of Herschel.
- WISE at 5: Legacy and Prospects Conference, February 10-12, 2015, Pasadena, California.
- ALMA/Herschel Archival Workshop , April 15-17, 2015, ESO-Garching, Germany.
- From interstellar clouds to star-forming galaxies: Universal processes? , August 3-7, 2015, IAU Symposium 315, Honolulu, Hawaii.
- The Legacy of Planck, August 11-3, 2015, IAU General Assembly Focus Meeting #5, Honolulu, Hawaii.