NHSC eNewsletter #57
In this issue
- The new face of the NHSC public webpages
- NHSC Survey
- The NASA ADAP call is out!
- Upcoming conferences of interest to Herschel users
1. New NHSC public webpages and newsletter
The NHSC has released a new version of the Herschel webpage for the general public. This is a dynamic, interacting webpage for general users. The pages for researchers remain the same.
As you can see, we have also modified our newsletter to make it more readable, part of our efforts to serve new and existing users of Herschel data. In addition to the new layout, there is a permanent section listing upcoming conferences of interest to Herschel users. At the end of the newsletter, there is a section with links to the latest Herschel press releases.
We hope you enjoy the new look of the webpages and the newsletter.
2. Please fill-out our survey!
We want to know what kind of workshops and webinars are more interesting and useful to your users, and we have developed this survey to find out. It will take you 10 minutes at the most to complete. We would like to hear from beginners and advanced users, so let us know your thoughts.
3. The deadline for NASA Astrophysics Data Analysis Program (ADAP) is May 18th, 2014
If you are interested in obtaining funding for Herschel archival research, please note that the NASA solicitation for the Astrophysics Data Analysis Program (ADAP) has been released. The ADAP "provides support for investigations whose focus is on the analysis of archival data from NASA space astrophysics missions." As a mission with significant NASA participation, Herschel archival research is eligible for these funds.
The notice of intent to propose (NOI) is due March 27th, 2014. The proposal is due May 18th, 2014. More information is available here.
4. Upcoming conferences of interest to Herschel users
- Bringing Fundamental Astrophysical Processes Into Focus: A Community Workshop to Plan the Future of Far-Infrared Space Astrophysics: 12-13 May 2014, Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD, USA
- From Galactic to Extragalactic Star Formation (GESF2014): 8- 12 September 2014, Palais du Pharo, Marseille, France
- Star Formation Across Space and Time: 11-14 November 2014, ESA-ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
Your feedback is welcome on any issue, please send your thoughts to: