NHSC eNewsletter #58
In this issue
- NHSC Survey
- SPIRE Webinar: What's New in HIPE 12 (4/16/2014, 10:00 AM PDT)
- New Herschel Science Archive capabilities
- Conferences and workshops of interest to Herschel users
1. If you haven't done so, please fill-out our survey!
We want to know what kind of workshops and webinars are more interesting and useful to your users, and we have developed this survey to find out. It will take you 10 minutes at the most to complete. We would like to hear from beginners and advanced users, so let us know your thoughts.
2. SPIRE Webinar: What's New in HIPE 12, April 16th 2014, 10:00-11:30 AM PDT
This webinar covers the most important improvements in SPIRE data processing coming with the recent HIPE 12 release. After introductory presentations, there will be time for an extended question-and-answer session for any issues that participants would like to bring up.
Highlights include changes in the way multiple outputs are passed on from tasks, the new SPIRE Calibration Tree updater and viewer, a new list-driven cooler burp correction, a new photometer super-resolution mapmaker, incorporation of SPIA into HIPE, calibration, etc.
More information is available at the SPIRE news page.
3. New Herschel Science Archive (HSA) capabilities
Version 5.2 of the HSA offers the possibility of searching for a list of targets in the Archive, and provides access to standalone browse products. The standalone products are high level data intended for 'quick look' purposes and can be downloaded quickly, without downloading big tarballs of Herschel data. They can be accessed by right-clicking on the postcards that accompany most search results.
The new version can be accessed from the HSA webpage.
4. Conferences and workshops of interest to Herschel users
- Spectroscopy with Herschel: A Data Processing Workshop: This online workshop will take place the third week of April. The exact dates have not been defined.
- Bringing Fundamental Astrophysical Processes Into Focus: The Future of Far-Infrared Space Astrophysics: 12-13 May 2014, Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD, USA
- SPICA science workshop: 21-23 May 2014, Leiden, The Netherlands
- From Galactic to Extragalactic Star Formation: 8- 12 September 2014, Palais du Pharo, Marseille, France
- Star Formation Across Space and Time: 11-14 November 2014, ESA-ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands