NHSC eNewsletter #59
In this issue
- NHSC Survey
- Presentations available for HSC's online spectroscopy workshop
- Deadline for NASA Astrophysics Data Analysis Program
- Conferences and workshops of interest to Herschel users
1. Help us to define your webinar/workshop needs by filling out our survey
We want to know what kind of workshops and webinars are more interesting and useful to your users, and we have developed this survey to find out. It will take you 10 minutes at the most to complete. We would like to hear from beginners and advanced users, so let us know your thoughts.
If you already filled it up, thank you!
2. Presentations available for SPIRE Webinar and for HSC's online spectroscopy workshop
Presentations and a video recording of the event are now available for the latest NHSC SPIRE Webinar (What's New in HIPE 12 for SPIRE, April 16th 2014).
In addition, the Herschel Science Centre organized a three-day online spectroscopy workshop 23-25 April 2014. The workshop was geared towards intermediate/advanced users and covered all instruments. The agenda and presentations are available from the workshop webpage.
3. The deadline for NASA Astrophysics Data Analysis Program (ADAP) is May 18th, 2014
If you are interested in obtaining funding for Herschel archival research, please note that the NASA solicitation for the Astrophysics Data Analysis Program (ADAP) has been released. The ADAP "provides support for investigations whose focus is on the analysis of archival data from NASA space astrophysics missions." As a mission with significant NASA participation, Herschel archival research is eligible for these funds.
The proposal is due May 18th, 2014. More information is available here.
4. Conferences and workshops of interest to Herschel users
- Bringing Fundamental Astrophysical Processes Into Focus: The Future of Far-Infrared Space Astrophysics: 12-13 May 2014, Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD, USA
- SPICA science workshop: 21-23 May 2014, Leiden, The Netherlands
- From Galactic to Extragalactic Star Formation: 8- 12 September 2014, Palais du Pharo, Marseille, France
- Star Formation Across Space and Time: 11-14 November 2014, ESA-ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
Your feedback is welcome on any issue, please send your thoughts to: